L'OCCITANE Recycling Programme
Respect for the environment is at the heart of L’OCCITANE. From the creation of our formulas to the development of our packaging, L’OCCITANE tries to limit its environmental impact wherever possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with TerraCycle® to provide a collection and recycling programme for our customers to be able to recycle their empties at any of the L’OCCITANE boutiques.
What packaging can we accept?
Beauty packaging such as lip balm tubes, makeup remover bottles and pumps, fragrances bottles and pumps, and deodorant sticks.
Skincare packaging such as face mask packaging, refill pouches, and dispensers and tubes for soap, facial cleansers and body lotions.
Hair care packaging such as pumps and caps from shampoo and conditioner bottles, hair care dispensers and containers, hair product trigger heads, and refill pouches.
How To Return Your Beauty Empties
In Our Boutiques
2. Bring in your empty beauty and skin care products from L'OCCITANE or ANY BEAUTY BRAND to be recycled.
3. Receive 10% OFF a full price product in store.**
1. When placing your order, enter the code RECYCLE in the promotion box at checkout.
2. We will send you your complimentary plastic returns envelope (which is 100% recyclable) for you to fill with your empty products.*
3. Then return it for free by Royal Mail via the postbox or your local post office, and we will ensure it is safely recycled for you.
The Envelope we offer is an alternative to polythene mailing bags, produced from sugarcane, one of the greener materials available. It is fully recyclable 50 micron material and carbon neutral, meaning the carbon dioxide taken from the atmosphere in the growing process off-sets the carbon dioxide emitted through production and transport. We then use the same company as our boutiques, Terracycle to recycle the bottles. Please see here in order to make sure we are able to recycle your plastic returns.
When returning empties:
- We accept & recycle plastic empties from any beauty brand.
- Limit of 10 empties can be collected per customer.
- We can’t accept glass or aerosols.
- Please make sure all empties are washed beforehand to ensure they are recyclable.
- Get 10% off a product* on the day you drop off your empties in one of our L'OCCITANE Boutiques.
*10% discount valid on the day only on one full price product. Valid on full price items and excludes gift sets and special value items. Combinable with Hand Cream Duo gift with purchase offer. Not combinable with any other discount, promotion or gift card purchase. Recycling excludes glass and aerosols. Service valid at participating L’OCCITANE UK and Ireland boutiques and outlets (excluding independent retailers, department and airport stores).